Mostly demolished in the 1860s all that remains of Oborne old church is this chancel.
Posts Tagged ‘Oborne’
- UPDATED: Police and paramedics at crash near Weymouth roundabout May 23, 2013A SCOOTER and a car have been in a collision near Weymouth football club
- Muslim preacher linked to Weymouth extremist 'knew Woolwich attacker' May 23, 2013THE muslim preacher who was accused of radicalising Weymouth Muslim extremist Richard Dart today claimed to know one of the alleged attackers in the Woolwich murder.
- 'Pathetic and laughable' - verdict on TIC plea May 22, 2013SHOPKEEPERS in Weymouth have blasted a council request to set up a TIC point.
- UPDATED: Security increased at military bases in Dorset May 23, 2013DORSET military bases have increased security in response to the 'barbaric' murder of a soldier in London yesterday afternoon.
- Funeral details announced for sailing legend Andrew Simpson May 22, 2013THE funeral of sailing legend Andrew Simpson will be in Sherborne on May 31.
- Beam me up Scotty....to Portland May 23, 2013AN ASTRONAUT has picked the Olympic island as the place to go after coming back to earth.
- Littlemoor residents grass up mowing bungle May 23, 2013RESIDENTS on a Weymouth estate have been left baffled after a patch of grass was left to grow wild.
- It’S 10 out of 10 for pupils on Ten Tors challenge May 23, 2013INTREPID youngsters from Weymouth survived a weekend of ups and downs to complete the Ten Tors and Jubilee Challenge.
- Hip, hip hooray for Dorset County Hospital staff May 23, 2013PATIENT satisfaction has seen Dorset County Hospital’s hip replacement service ranked as the best in the country.
- Man who attacked pub doormen given community order May 23, 2013A MAN has been handed a community order after he admitted assaulting two doormen.
- Range of opportunities and activities at Dorset Echo jobs fair May 23, 2013HUNDREDS of hopefuls came to the Dorset Echo Job Fair in search of new employment opportunities.
- Jurassic coast walk in aid of breast cancer victim May 23, 2013Friends and family of a young West Dorset woman who died from breast cancer are stepping out for charity in one of the places she loved best.
- Have your say over ‘all out’ borough elections May 23, 2013WEYMOUTH and Portland residents are being urged to have their say on ‘all out’ election proposals.
- Porbeagle shark off Portland Bill May 23, 2013This 250lb porbeagle shark helped itself to dinner while the crewmen of the Wild Frontier were trying to land their catch half a mile off Portland Bill.
- Dorchester police act on sharp rise in shoplifting May 23, 2013POLICE in Dorchester are taking action after a rise in shoplifting offences.
- Call goes out for people to support Weymouth Carnival May 23, 2013A NEW call has gone out for the people of Weymouth and Portland to support its big day of the year as the date draws near.
- Portland man admits to charge of driving without due care and attention May 23, 2013A DRIVER who fell asleep at the wheel was ‘incredibly lucky’ not to have injured someone, a court was told.
- Still no light at the end of Beaminster tunnel May 23, 2013WORK on the flood-hit tunnel at Beaminster is continuing but there is no date for its re-opening to traffic.
- Fire service issues warning after microwave causes house blaze May 23, 2013FIREFIGHTERS have issued a warning to households after crews were called to a house fire caused by a microwave.
- Coastguard called to help stranded vessel May 23, 2013THE coastguard was called to help a boat that had broken down.
- UPDATED: Police and paramedics at crash near Weymouth roundabout May 23, 2013
- Police in search for woman in 20s after spate of house burglaries in Bridport May 23, 2013HOUSE burglaries are on the increase in Bridport and police want to question a women in her 20s in connection with the rise in offences.
- Big plans for Lyme Regis chalets May 23, 2013AFTER months of drama with chalets slipping and having to be demolished, Lyme Regis Town Council is now seeking planning permission to keep holiday chalets and caravans at Monmouth Beach.
- Lyme Regis hotel conversion plans get backing May 23, 2013COUNCILLORS have backed plans to convert a 1920s hotel on Lyme Regis seafront into flats after hearing of the heavy losses it was making.
- Wembley trip dream come true for Lyme Regis boy May 23, 2013YOUNG Harry Eaton from Lyme Regis had an unforgettable weekend – accompanying the triumphant Yeovil Town footballers onto the pitch at Wembley as their mascot.
- Crowds flock to Burton Bradstock for mouth-watering foodie experience May 23, 2013Crowds flocked to Burton Bradstock for a mouth-watering taste of the Jurassic Coast.
- Geno Washington to feature at Lyme Regis Jazz, Blues and Real Ale Weekend May 23, 2013Lyme Regis Jazz, Blues and Real Ale Weekend has a new flavour.
- Motorists facing fresh delays as A3066 is set to close May 23, 2013MOTORISTS disrupted by the Beaminster Tunnel closure are facing more misery on the roads.
- Coast road closure after crash May 23, 2013UPDATED: THE coast road between Weymouth and Bridport was closed following a crash involving a motorbike and a caravan.
- Ex Bridport shop worker handed conditional charge after stealing £1,500 from a till May 23, 2013A FORMER Bridport shop worker has been handed a conditional discharge after stealing more than £1,500 from a till.
- Friends and family stepping out for charity to remember West Dorset woman May 23, 2013Friends and family of a young West Dorset woman who died from breast cancer are stepping out for charity in one of the places she loved best.
- Police in search for woman in 20s after spate of house burglaries in Bridport May 23, 2013
- Dorset MPs call for calm following "barbaric" Woolwich murder May 23, 2013DORSET MPs have called for calm following the “barbaric” murder of a soldier in London yesterday afternoon.
- Biker killed in East Dorset crash is named May 23, 2013A MOTORCYCLIST killed in a horror crash in East Dorset on Tuesday evening has been named.
- UPDATED: Investigation ongoing after pensioner plunges to his death from flats May 23, 2013Police have launched an investigation after a pensioner died of head injuries at one of Bournemouth's highest block of flats.
- Spur Road hedge crash causes delays May 23, 2013THERE were delays on the A338 Spur Road into Bournemouth this evening after a silver Ford Mondeo estate left the road and went into a hedge at around 6.10pm.
- VIDEO: Memorial to victims of "Bournemouth's bleakest day" unveiled today May 23, 2013A MEMORIAL plaque commemorating the casualties of Bournemouth’s worst wartime bombing raid will be unveiled this afternoon.
- Will our Emily be Miss England? May 23, 2013DREAMS are coming true for Emily Kishere, as she prepares for the final of the prestigious Miss England competition.
- Dorset's 'asset rich, cash poor' elderly suffering in recession May 23, 2013THE economic downturn is having a marked impact on the wellbeing of 'asset rich, cash poor' older people in Dorset, Bournemouth University (BU) researchers have found.
- “Natural space” field is first for Dorset May 23, 2013A COLEHILL field is the first in Dorset to offset the impact of development on heathland.
- Two men arrested over Lloyds TSB "scooter" robbery May 23, 2013TWO people have been arrested in connection with a cash box robbery in Ringwood earlier this year.
- Walking the south west coast path? Take a picture and win an iPad mini! May 23, 2013BUDDING photographers are being urged to capture a moment in time on the South West Coast Path – on their mobile phones.
- Dorset MPs call for calm following "barbaric" Woolwich murder May 23, 2013
- Bomb site air raid memorial unveiledA memorial to people who died in a World War II air raid in Bournemouth 70 years ago is unveiled.
- South West Water in £60m investmentSouth West Water is to invest £60m in its infrastructure, including sewers and treatment works, and services, managers say.
- Home town funeral for Olympic sailorOlympic sailing champion Andrew Simpson's funeral will be held in Sherborne, the Royal Yachting Association confirms.
- Canister explosion at campsiteThree students are injured in a gas explosion at a holiday park.
- Jury considers footballers' verdictA jury retires to consider its verdict in the trial of a Bournemouth footballer and three of his former Brighton team-mates accused of sexual assault.
- Biker killed in B3081 collisionA motorcyclist dies in a crash with a van on the B3081 at Horton near Wimborne.
- Fifty-five beaches meet new rulesFifty five English beaches meet new EU standards on water quality to achieve Blue Flag awards.
- VIDEO: Time-lapse of Imax cinema demolitionThe end of one of the UK's 'most hated' buildings
- Squirrel haven's half century markedHow an island went from being once "off limits"
- Bomb site air raid memorial unveiled
TagsAbbotsbury Blackmore Vale Bournemouth Bridport Brownsea Island Burton Bradstock Cerne Abbas Charmouth Chesil Beach Christchurch Corfe Castle Cranborne Cranborne Chase Dorchester Durdle Door Durlston East Lulworth Evershot Horton Isle of Purbeck Kimmeridge Lulworth Cove Lyme Regis Maiden Castle Moreton Poole Portesham Portland Sandbanks Shaftesbury Sherborne Studland Sturminster Newton Swanage Thomas Hardy Tyneham Wareham West Bay West Lulworth Weymouth William Barnes Wimborne Wimborne Minster Wool Worth Matravers